Before you get frustrated, confused, or concerned about the status of your order (and before you read everything below)
just remember these facts:
We literally make almost everything we sell. No joke, that beautiful "L'Innocence" by Bouguereau diptych you ordered from us didn't get to it's final stages in China. We made it here, with care and hard work when you placed your order for it.
We are a small family business. There are less than 50 employees (mainly family and friends) that work for us from 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday.
We are real people with families just like you! We occasionally take time off for holidays or vacation and like to spend time with our loved ones in the evening. Which brings me to the next point...
Family comes first. Because we are a Catholic business run on Catholic principles, family always comes first. The importance of the family for the life and well-being of society entails a particular responsibility for society to support and strengthen marriage and the family (CCC #2210).
How long does it take to get my order?
Since we handcraft most of the gift items listed on mycatholicgifts.com, the amount of time an order takes to arrive at your house will vary, depending on the time of year (holidays, papal visit) and the amount of items on the order (that we have to produce by hand). If there is no holiday/special event going on, and you didn't place your order outside of our regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm), it takes roughly a week to produce your order before it even ships.
The time formula for how long it takes an order to arrive goes something like this:
Time entering/processing order + Time producing items on order + Shipping time (varies depend on method chosen)
For a detailed breakdown of each order status while your order is being entered/made/shipped, see below.
1. Awaiting fulfillment:
Your order has been placed and has begun the production process. If you place your order outside of our normal work hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m-5 p.m) it will not be entered into our system until the following Monday. For holidays, the order is not entered until the next business day after the holidays within our normal work hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm).
*Will vary during periods of high-volumes of orders.
A lot of people get confused about this status. We work with an e-commerce system which unfortunately doesn't feature all the order statuses a small family business like ours needs. Here is everything that happens to your order while it has the status "Awaiting Fulfillment":
1. The office enters your order into our system and prints a copy of your order off for production.
2. A member of the production team (usually the shipping manager) picks up the printed copy of your order and brings it to the production end of our building.
3. A production team member looks through our inventory of popular items on our shelves and pulls any items that are on your order.
4. If everything you order is a part of our popular item inventory, the production team passes the order on to our packing department, and the process skips to step #7.
5. Usually, your order will still need items that are not a part of our popular inventory. In this case, every item that has not yet been made by hand goes on a list (made right then) for each department of production (e.g. t-shirt press, gift item assembly room, art assembly, wood shop, etc.).
6. Each department of production works hard to create the items needed to complete your order. Then, when they are finished, the items join the rest of your order on our order production belt.
7. The shipping department packs your order, prints and adheres shipping labels to it, and updates your order status to "Shipped". You receive an email with the new "Shipped" status and the tracking information for the order.
Our various shipping carriers pick up your order towards the end of that day. Your order is now shipped and is on its way to the address you specified!
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens to my order once it leaves your facility?
You may wonder what happens to your order after it leaves the building. Your order may take days or weeks to arrive at the address you provided. Since our most popular method of shipping is UPS, we have provided a chart below with estimated shipping times for that method to help you get a rough idea of when your order is going to arrive. Keep in mind when reading the chart, your order ships from Steubenville, Ohio.
Why is adding additional items to my order later so hard?
The e-commerce platform we work with, while a good fit for us, doesn't allow us to add additional items to orders. What we recommend is that you place a new order for the additional items you want. Then, at the final step of checkout, leave a comment in the comment section stating that you want this order to ship with order # [specify the number of your original order]. At this time, we can only guarantee that we will try our best to ship that order with the original.
Why does it take so long to tell me whether my order has shipped or is near completion?
On average, every month, hundreds of orders are processed by production department. Due to the limited size of our production staff, checking the status of your order and whether or not it is near completion means halting production, not just for your order, but everyone else's. So, order statuses are checked at whatever time ensures the minimal loss of production time on all orders.